Sunday, August 16, 2009

The move

hi everyone, Just wanted to update real quick about how life is going in the big apple. Most of you I have either talked to or have facebook and have seen the pics/status updates. I am living in the East Village in Manhattan and have been here for 4 days now. I do not have internet so I am sitting in a internet cafe as I type this....It is defiantly a different way of life out here. I will be getting into great shape fairly quickly. I have walked about a mile or more each day since being here. I wandered over to Union Square, down Houston St., and over to Washington Square Park, and all over most of the Village. There is people out ALL the time, and lots of places are open 24 hours a day. It has been really hot and muggy, so walking everywhere is not fun in the heat either. My plan is to go up to Central Park this week and maybe out to the Statue of Liberty. I have started to get used to the neighborhood and kinda know my way around. I have been to the grocery store twice and still need to go back again, because I can't carry enough food at one time. The store is about 2 blocks away, so not too far. Yesterday I went over to Washington Square Park, which is the center of my campus. It only took about 15 mins, so I will be walking to and from school once school starts. On my way there I past 3 street fairs, and once at the park saw people sun bathing in the grass and jumping in the huge fountain to cool off. There is so much new and different things to take in here. I still have unpacking to do, and once I finish I am going to take a video of my place and post it on here for everyone to see the tiny apartment, which I guess for NYC is actually big, that I live in. I get internet on Thursday, so I will update again next weekend with more info about what I've been up to.
Bye for now <3

1 comment:

  1. Just checking in - What an adventure! You'll certainly see the urban side of the US and the East Coast from your vantage. Glad that you are taking the ime to visit the tourist aras - it'll aclimatise you to one of the many functions that NYC provides the US.
    NYC is muggy and hot - no easy way for the wind to get to you directly - the canyons of the city. Glad that you are so close to school - that'll save you a lot of time in transportation and a lot of money in transpotation costs. Great stuff, Chrissi from: a'mary

    ReplyDelete