Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I have been extremely busy the past month with finishing midterms and then getting ready for finals. My mom came to spend a long weekend, which was so much fun and I was able to show her around this city I now call home. We went to all the tourist places and a few local places I like. It was great to see her, and I was sad when she had to leave. I am in the midst of finals, 2.5 weeks left of school and 6 LONG papers to write before I get a break. I am not looking forward to the next few weeks, but am trying to focus on my trip home for Christmas. My internship is getting more demanding too, I am now in charge of a lunch group with 5 trouble-causing 4th graders and then still see my 4 children individually. We are also raising money for the schools annual holiday drive so that the children can get not only toys, but also the necessary warm clothes that some of their parents can not afford to buy. This last month I have started to make some new friends and hang out with them on the weekends when I do not have school or work, but will more than likely not see any of them until I come back from California because the next few weeks I will be lucky to get a good nights sleep with these papers.

I was here for Thanksgiving which was a little weird, first time without the family. My friend Karianne from back home actually came out and spent the week here to go to a information session for a doctoral program she is applying to in NYC, and she spent Thanksgiving with me. It was nice to have a familiar face and not be alone on Thanksgiving. I cooked us a turkey (my first one ever) and a few other "thanksgiving day side dishes" and we had our own little Thanksgiving. Not much new here in NY, it's starting to get cooler and all the leaves have fallen off the trees now, it was so pretty to actually have a fall and see leaves change color this year! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and I will write again after finals are over!

bye for now <3

No comments:

Post a Comment