Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer

So it is officially summer now, and I have already blown through one of my four months of summer. The weather here has been incredible hot and humid lately, which I guess for NYC is unseasonable for this time of year. Not owning an A/C has made it so much worse too. I have gotten most of my grades in and ended the semester with 1 A, 1 A-, 1 B+, and a Pass. I have one class I'm still waiting on a grade from, but I think it will be an A-. I also finally started my nanny position a few weeks back. It is defiantly a struggle working with this 3 y/o little boy, but we both are adjusting to spending many hours a day together and it's slowly getting better and better. I also got my placement for next year. I'm not sure if I talked about it at all in my last post, but next years placement will be in Manhattan on the west side at a company called FEGS, I will be working for the PROS program helping adults who are mildly to severely/chronically mentally ill find employment, housing, and basically just help them achieve whatever goals they currently hold for themselves. I'm excited to see what this new placement has to offer, and a good part of the program is in April next year they bring HR down and hire some of the second year interns.

My summer has been very full of eventful things so far, and it's only going to get more exciting. This past weekend a group of friends and I went to the Belmont (the 3rd a final race of the triple crown). I had so much fun, we took a trolley there and back and watched races all day and hung out with friends, and made some new ones too. Thanks to Aunt Carolyn, this weekend I am going to visit Angie (my old roommate and friend) who lives in Florida. I am so excited to see her and see where she now calls home. Then in two and a half weeks I leave for Canada. I will be up there visiting my friends who I met last year in Europe for a week. They came down at New Years time to visit NYC, and now I'm going to see Canada. I will be there for Canada Day and one of the girls 25th birthdays. I am so excited to be going up there to visit them, and look forward to seeing Canada. The rest of the summer I have no real plans so far, except I would like to go visit my roommate who is interning in DC for the summer.

I updated my pictures from this summer, here is the link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cmwright121/Summer2010#

bye for now <3

No comments:

Post a Comment