Thursday, January 6, 2011

Winter Break

So my trip California went great. I was home for 2 weeks, and it always feels like there isn't enough hours in the days to visit the people I want to visit, and do all the things that I want to do. But this year I think I did a great job, seeing most of my friends and spending ample time with the family. I even saw a few friends that I haven't seen in year! It was a great visit, and a good Christmas. It was a well needed break after the crazy hard semester I had. I will post some pictures from my trip (for those of you that don't have facebook) later this week.

My graded were just finally posted! And I'm happy to say I passed my research class!!! I was so nervous about that class, but I ended up with a B- in there. Which means I had to get a B+/A- on the final for me to have ended the semester w/ that B-. (I didn't do very well on the midterm) My final grades were an A, 2 A-, and a B-. I am enjoying my time off from school right now. I don't start back for my LAST semester until Jan 26th. I will be taking 2 electives regarding children, and then policies of mental health, and a practice class. This practice class supposedly focuses on life after graduation; so jobs, licensing, trainee hours to get licensed, continuing education, etc. I'm so looking forward to this last semester and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. After 19 years of school, I'm ready for a break! I am currently still at my same internship as last semester, I started back this week there and had to jump right back in. I now currently am running 6 groups a week, have 2 individual clients (will be getting another one in the next few weeks), and doing 1 intake (initial assessment) a week. I'm enjoying my internship, but I do know that this is not what I want to do for the rest of my career. I really enjoy working with these adults who are severely persistently mentally ill, but I enjoyed working with the children last year so much more.

The #1 questions I got from friends and family when I was home, is what am I doing once I graduate? Am I moving back to Cali or staying in NY? I don't know. I do not want to go back to Cali, but I don't know if I can afford to stay here. The simple answer is to find a job. I am planning to apply for job here in NYC, NY state, and many other states around the country. I know a handful of people that could not find a job here in the city, so my goal is to find a job...whoever/wherever will hire me.

I think I've talked enough for tonight.

Bye for now <3

No comments:

Post a Comment