Sunday, January 17, 2010

And so it begins again...

This is the last weekend of freedom for me before my spring semester begins. I had a great month off and was able to recharge and get ready for this next semester. I am hoping that my classes are more interesting this semester, because Fall was a lot of repetition from what I learned the past 4 years in undergrad. I was extremely bored in my classes last semester because it was all so repetative, but according to my faculty adviser I may be bored my whole first year. So I will cross my fingers that at least some of my classes will have new and exciting topics for me to learn. I will be taking 4 classes again along with still continuing on at my internship at the elementary school in the Bronx. I did choose to take all my classes on one day, we shall see how quickly I regret doing that. I will be going to my internship Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday; and I will have 11 hour days on Wednesday when I go to school. This leaves me with 3 day weekends every weekend! I am trying to find a job of some sort to do on Fridays and/or in the evenings the days I have my internship, I had a promising opportunity but I'm not sure if it is going to work out or not now. My classes this semester are: Practice II, Research I, Clinical Practice w/ Groups, and Human Behavior in the Social Environment II. I FINALLY got the majority of my grades from last semester, I still am waiting for my Social Policy and Welfare grade, but so far I have gotten 1 B, 1 A-, and 1 A. I'm guessing the Policy grade will either be an A- or a B+. Not too bad for my first semester in grad school. The exciting part that I keep telling myself is that I am now a quarter of the way done with my Masters and that much close to freedom! At least freedom from school books, essays, and exams!

I also have a busy social life this semester too, now seeing how much time school takes I see that I do have enough time to do other things too. I have a friend coming to visit every month from back home in Cali for a long weekend. My sister is also coming in March during her Spring break, and I am going down to North Carolina to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and 2 nieces next month! I am finally going to see more of the North East too, my friend from Maryland invited me to come down with her during one of the long weekends in February to see Baltimore and then she said she would take me to DC too. I'm also looking into studying abroad this summer for 3-6 weeks. I am going to a meeting later this month to see if I can afford it and if the courses offered can count as an elective towards my Masters. And in July I plan to go up to Ottawa, Canada to visit my Canadian friends who came down here for New Years. I am very much looking forward to all the exciting adventures ahead and continuing to learn at my internship and become a better therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment