Friday, May 14, 2010

D-O-N-E!!!!

I AM OFFICIALLY HALF WAY DONE WITH MY MASTERS!!!!! The past few weeks have been extremely brutal and for some reason spring finals are always more tedious to write and take than fall finals. BUT I now have a 4 month summer!!! That's right, 4 months! I have never had such a long summer. I will be getting my grades soon and will update once I figure that all out. The field office called me a few weeks ago and I should also be finding out my 2nd year placement in the next few weeks. Costa Rica, like I said before, fell through because it was REALLY expensive, and even with summer loans I couldn't afford it. I started looking and applying for jobs a few weeks back, I was applying for everything and anything because not many people or companies want to hire someone knowing that they have to quit at the end of the summer. I got a great job and start next week. I will be a caregiver/nanny/babysitter, whatever you want to call it, for a 3 y/o boy. The best part is that it is a block away from my house! A two min walk! I will work 3 days a week, and still have 3 day weekends this summer so I'm planning a few weekend trips to visit few friends that are moving out of the city for the summer. The great thing is I can crash on their couches so my trips will be very inexpensive, so I can save some of my babysitting earning.

I somehow pulled off a great surprise. I went home this past week to visit my family. It was the only time this summer I was free to go, because school is over and I don't start my job til the end of this month, so it was perfect timing to go home and visit....AND it just so happens that Mother's Day fell during the time I wanted to come visit. SO I surprised my mom, and did a great job, no one spilled the beans and told her, even though me and my sister many time almost slipped. She was very very surprised and wouldn't let go of me for a while, she kept saying she was dreaming. It was great to be home and visit with the family and see my friends. My dad helped out so that I could bring Willy w/ me because it would have cost more to board him here than to bring him back and forth with me. Thanks Dad! I was able to see most of my friends, and spend quality time with them and the family. It was only a week trip, which always flies by too quickly, but I'm excited to be back in the city and experience Summer here. There is so many things to do and experience during summers here, I'm looking forward to concerts, plays, and movies in the parks, and just spending time outside exploring the city more.

I just flew home from CA tonight, and am on Pacific time still so I can't sleep, but I will update later this week w/ some pics from my visit and a bit more about whats going on in my life. Sorry it's been so long since I updated this, but the day after I finished finals I flew home.

Bye for now <3

No comments:

Post a Comment