Friday, November 12, 2010

Mom and Philly

So my mom came out to visit for a week! We had such a good time! We went shopping, showed her around my neighborhood, went shopping some more, and saw some of the sites around NYC. We also went down to Philly for a couple days. It's on my list of places I've always wanted to go, and since it's only 2 hours away from NY we went! We took the bus down there and did all the touristy stuff. We wandered around old town and saw the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross' House, Independence Hall, and so much more. We had a great time there, and it was nice to be able to both be experiencing Philly for the first time together. When in Philly you must try Philly cheese steaks. So we went to a famous place for them for lunch and then went to a great place for dinner underground where we chose to do wine and cheese tasting for dinner! They are the only place (I think) in the states that has a built in rinser on your table. So when your down with your first wine you can rinse your glass at your table before trying the second wine. It was a really fun dinner! We stayed the night, with a few glitches trying to get to our hotel, and then just shopped and saw the last couple of things we didn't see the day before. It was a great visit and I pretended that I was not in grad school all weekend! Now I'm back to reality and really behind, but it was worth it.

Grams will be here the end of Thanksgiving weekend, and will be taking me to see the Nutcracker! SO excited for that!! I have 1 month left of school, and am going to start writing finals very soon! And then I will only have 1 more semester until I have my Masters in Social Work!!!! SO EXCITED! I can finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Here are a couple pic from my mom's visit, the rest are on http://picasaweb.google.com/cmwright121





1 comment: